Make money from your spare room or sofa!?
Politics put simple: Analogy #2
A group of neighbours want to throw a street party in memory of a resident who died from a smoking related disease. Here’s how I’d see each of the local councils responding:
- A Green Party council would permit the party and offer money acquired by lobbying the cigarette company
- A Labour council would permit and fund the party by taking money from another department
- A Lib Dem council would wait for pressure, or an answer, from others
- A Conservative council would permit the event but apply charges for it to go ahead
- A UKIP council would blame the EU for permission being required – and spend six months arguing with themselves