Politics put simple: Analogy #1
Imagine a workplace where there is not enough car parking spaces for the number of staff employed. Here’s what I’d say each of the main political parties might respond:
- The Green Party would offer car park passes for those who car share / for the cars which bring the most people into work each day
- Labour would give everyone a parking pass, resulting in ongoing daily complications
- The Lib Dems would offer them to the poorest then slap on a (£9000) fee / loan
- The Tories would offer them to the business owners/managers because, in their view, the business revolves around them
- UKIP would blame the immigrants for there not being enough car parking spaces to begin with.
Forget tactical voting and political scares. Vote for the party whose ideologies suit yours the closest. (They all have rotten apples, dodgy press stories and have suggested weird ideas on many occasions…) Just vote for the party closest to your heart…
Either way, VOTE.