How do blogs make money?
Killer question eh? How can I make money from a few posts?
Well, you’re here now aren’t you..?! (That’s the first step)
I’ve spent a good half of my adult life living out of a backpack. Given the shit storm I returned to after India, I now plan to continue this for many more years. That said, income generated via this Global Amigo blog automatically goes into my UK bank account; enabling me to fly home every now & again 🙂
When out on the road, there are various ways to accumulate pennies; showcased by the following live examples. (Granted, we aren’t entering millionaire mode – but a few sign ups a month go a long way)
YouGov: £ when people register via my link + ongoing £’s for opinions.
- Fab if you have thoughts on anything from Brexit to the BBC / if you get angry by stats like ‘45% of Brits think Africa’s a country…’
- The surveys are simple, interesting & straight forward + you get notified when new ones are live
- More surveys taken = more points earned. Points = £’s (although prize draws are offered too) USE MY LINK – Get paid for taking Surveys in 2019
Order a free sim: Free credit for you & up to £20 for me
- If you aren’t familiar with GifGaff they’ve shaken the mobile network industry with fab sim-only deals & pay as you go bundles. Operated by 02, their signal is top notch & they keep coming top in annual awards. When my last contract expired I switched from paying £40 a month to a tenner – and still got unlimited texts, a shedload of minutes & 5gb of data (choose the amount: packages start at a fiver). They genuinely are great.
- CLICK HERE for free GIFFGAFF CREDIT & a free SIM CARD in the post
Buy an Eve mattress & get £100 off (plus £50 for me!?) Happy Days.
- When you’re in the market for a new bed, check out eve. They offer free delivery and a one hundred day money-back guarantee (Basically, return it after sleeping in it for three months if you aren’t impressed!)
- I may be biased but memory foam mattresses are incredible – I didn’t make the switch until 2015 and, after my first night, regretted not doing so sooner! (Missing it more than ever now) CLICK HERE for a 2019 EVE Mattress Discount Code
Switch Utilities: I get up to £150 / You could save serious money
- There’s a presentation to share around the kitchen table – but I’ll leave the link below for you to browse at leisure
- I won’t feed you bull: The best discounts are for home owners / those choosing several options (select gas, electric & phone on the website & the quote drops considerably…) *Home owners are seen as more stable, longer lasting customers*
- There’s no need to call your existing providers; they do it all (you might even get bought out of existing contracts…)
- They do have great customer service (UK-based & award winning) and you get a single bill each month which is useful
- Head to the site via my unique link to see some quotes: Cheaper Bills in 2019?!
- if prompted, select ‘not with a partner’ and get started / enter your postcode…
- ‘Simon Neale’ should appear in the top corner (their business model is based on reps making a living from them so quotes will never be lower by going elsewhere / incognito)
*Every year we, as consumers should change providers to collectively keep market prices low / make suppliers fight for our custom. So, even if you rent, switching to UW could be beneficial long term. (It could still work out cheaper too – just take a look!?)*
Marketing Support, Design & Print Services
This is how I make 60% of my living (despite living on the other side of the planet) – by providing social media management, design & print services to Lancashire businesses (income also supports my little quarterly publication, Podio Magazine, and my hate crime sign posting website, After Hate)
- Whether you’re a business owner, you’re planning a wedding, or you want to treat friends to a bespoke printed gift, get in touch with your needs. For marketing support, social media management, content creation or web design, tell me your story…
And that my friends, is just one way of using a blog to make money.
(Now browse my articles / follow my socials – and say hi)