How do blogs make money?
Killer question eh? How can I make money from blogging?
Well, you’re here now aren’t you..?! That’s the first step.
I’ve spent a good half of my adult life living out of a backpack. Given the shit storm I returned to after India, I now plan to continue this for many more years. That said, income generated via this ‘Global Amigo blog’ automatically goes into my UK bank account; which will enable me to fly home every now & again 🙂
When out on the road, there are various ways to accumulate pennies; showcased by the following live examples. (Granted, we aren’t entering millionaire mode but a few sign ups a month go a long way – out here, a dollar buys a typical meal)
dt_gap height=”30″ /]
Book accommodation via my link: 10% off for you / money back for me
- I do live off this website and absolutely recommend it – whether seeking budget accommodation or lush last-minute treats.
- Before you book anything, click on my link (it remembers that you’ve come through me)
- Click here for Booking.com’s 2019 discount: https://booking.com/s/67_6/322aedc7 (or copy and paste the link)
YouGov: I benefit when people register via my link & you get ongoing money for your opinions.
- Fab if you have thoughts on anything from Brexit to the BBC / if you get angry by stats like ‘45% of Brits think Africa’s a country…’
- The surveys are simple, interesting & straight forward + you get notified when new ones are live
- More surveys taken = more points earned. Points = £’s (prize draws are offered too) USE MY LINK – Get paid for taking Surveys in 2019
Order a free sim: Free credit for you & up to £20 for me
- If you aren’t familiar with GifGaff they’ve shaken the mobile network industry with fab sim-only deals & pay as you go bundles. Operated by 02, their signal is top notch & they keep coming top in annual awards. When my last contract expired I switched from paying £40 a month to a tenner – and still got unlimited texts, a shedload of minutes & 5gb of data (choose the amount – packages start at a fiver). They genuinely are great.
- CLICK HERE for free GIFFGAFF CREDIT & a free SIM CARD in the post
Buy an Eve mattress & get £100 off (plus £50 for me!?) Happy Days.
- When you’re in the market for a new bed, check out eve. They offer free delivery and a one hundred day money-back guarantee (Basically, return it after sleeping in it for three months if you aren’t impressed!)
- I may be biased but memory foam mattresses are incredible – I didn’t make the switch until 2015 and, after my first night, regretted not doing so sooner! (Missing it more than ever now) CLICK HERE for a 2019 EVE Mattress Discount Code
Switch Utilities: I get up to £150 / You could save serious money
- There’s a presentation to share around the kitchen table – but I’ll leave the link below for you to browse at leisure
- I won’t feed you bull: The best discounts are for home owners / those choosing several options (select gas, electric & phone on the website & the quote drops considerably…) *Home owners are seen as more stable, longer lasting customers*
- There’s no need to call your existing providers; they do it all (you might even get bought out of existing contracts…)
- They do have great customer service (UK-based & award winning) and you get a single bill each month which is useful
- Head to the site via my unique link to see some quotes: Cheaper Bills in 2019?!
- if prompted, select ‘not with a partner’ and get started / enter your postcode…
- ‘Simon Neale’ should appear in the top corner (their business model is based on reps making a living from them so quotes will never be lower by going elsewhere / incognito)
*Every year we, as consumers should change providers to collectively keep market prices low / make suppliers fight for our custom. So, even if you rent, switching to UW could be beneficial long term. (It could still work out cheaper too – just take a look!?)*
Marketing Support, Design & Print Services
This is how I make 60% of my living (despite living on the other side of the planet) – by providing social media management, design & print services to Lancashire businesses (income also supports my little quarterly publication, Podio Magazine, and my hate crime sign posting website, After Hate)
- Whether you’re a business owner, you’re planning a wedding, or you want to treat friends to a bespoke printed gift, get in touch with your needs. For marketing support, social media management, content creation or web design, tell me your story…
And these my friend, are just a few ways of using a blog to make money.
(Now browse my articles / follow my socials – and say hi)